[AccessD] Detecting CD Drive Constantly

Dean Ellis deanellis at iprimus.com.au
Tue Mar 23 01:51:35 CST 2004

Hi guys

Thanks for your websites showing the code for detecting CD Drive Letters. I
don't think it's quite what I'm after. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one will
only tell what type of drive the leter that I type in is, and the other just
provides a list of drive letters to choose from.

What I am after is some code that I can use so that when I open the db from
the CD Rom in ANY machine, be it Laptop, Desktop, W98, XP yahda yahda yahda,
It determines the CD Drive Letter. This will then enable me to use that
information to create a file path to some media that can then be used by the
Active X Controls, or to view some images.

If the code shown to me does this, then could some one provide me with some
guidance on how to use it as the code seems to be there, but no real
instructions on what to place where and on what kind of control etc.

The two site are:

http://www.vb2themax.com/NLItem.asp?PageID=NewsletterBank&ID=1040

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0003.htm

Cheers