[AccessD] Creating Web Pages from Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Mar 23 18:11:01 CST 2004

On 23 Mar 2004 at 15:06, Kathryn Bassett wrote:

> Cool!!! I never checked on the export and this will help me with
> results for the AC100 race I do each year. I may have questions after
> I experiment.
>
> --

Exporting a report  to HTML  does have problems with column alignement.
What it does is create a single row table for each  row of the report and
tries to determine the spacing based on the contents of the row.

As a result you get very bloated HTML and a series of tables whose
columns frequently don't line up.

It's often easier to "roll your own" export routine.

As an example, take a look at the HTML behind

http://www.pngec.gov.pg/resultsNat2002/Report3.html

which was created by Exporting a Report to HTML as opposed to

http://www.pngec.gov.pg/byelectabau.html

created by writing the HTML  out to a file one record at a time in code

I can send you a copy of the code used for the second one if you are
interested.

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd