[AccessD] OT: Migration to SQL Server

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 23 21:56:02 CST 2004

Hi Martin:

I have done three, does that rate? It seemed pretty easy but the upgraded FE
apps had previously been upgraded to ADO and all the queries were then
manually translated into stored procedures (these are just too different to
imagine any translation process being fully successful.) Data importing was
a snap; just select data source and type from pop-down lists. (accessed from
within EPM; tools/Data transformation services/import/...)

HTH
Jim