[AccessD] determining the datatype of a bound control

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Mar 24 17:27:20 CST 2004

I qualified it because that was what the example was for.  If you were
using a query, you would have to do it differently, probably by using a
command object.  I wasn't sure whether you were looking for some
multi-purpose code or just asking in general, and I wanted you to be
fully aware that what I posted only applied to a table.  The adCmdTable
would be adCmdText or adStoredProc if you were using a select statement
or a query, but if you're looking for a way to fit it into your
framework, you would have to be able to determine what kind of thing the
form was bound to before proceeding.

Charlotte Foust