[AccessD] Framework Discussion - set up question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 25 14:02:03 CST 2004

I just don't get the should/shouldn't argument. It's there, if it makes a
user's life easier, he should use it.

I'm not talking about professional paid for development, OK? I'm talking
about users, plain old everyday users that want the ease and efficiency
they're told they can get but don't have the development expertise to go
after.

Susan H.

Susan Harkins said the following on 3/25/2004 10:53 AM:

>The main advantage is to the user that wants to use lists but just
>doesn't have the expertise to do so. The table's lookup field is
>inherited by bound controls, which makes it an efficient solution for the
user.

as with many things w/ Access.. just because you CAN do it doesn't mean you
SHOULD.  Of course Access is a Desktop application.. it has a lot of wizards
and quick easy to use features that makes a lot of guys from marketing think
they are developers :).  This goes back to simple things that Access lets
you do such as put spaces in your column and table names... Nice, yeah,
practical, not really...

--
-Francisco