[AccessD] Framework Discussion - set up question

O'Connor, Patricia Patricia.O'Connor at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Thu Mar 25 14:03:30 CST 2004

I agree with your last statement. I cannot use my years of access
development as a basis for database and programming expertise. I do quite a
bit with Oracle as my backend using Access as the front end. I also have
applications with access tables and flat file uploads. But that does not
count towards programming/database expertise/experience. Luckily, I have
other "real" database experience that offsets it.  I can understand part of
the "look down the nose" attitude, because I have people in my office who
say they are a database person and don't have the first clue as to design,
usage, implementation, let alone normalization. They feel that way because
they have 8-9 mini access databases that spit out data from queries. They
don't have any knowledge of coding behind forms or modules. Because of those
people, people like us on this list, don't get credit for applications
developed with access.

grrr
Patti