[AccessD] OT: A survey from somebody not as well-connected as JC

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Mon Mar 29 15:54:45 CST 2004

Steven:

The short answer to your questions for me is that I'm trying to move away
from fee-for-service to product. With fee-for-service it's just as many
hours as you can stand to be at the computer running the billing clock.  I
find that it's hard to bill more than 1000-1200 honest hours a year without
breaking your head.  So you can make a living but that's about all.  You can
never really build up any real wealth.

With a product, the upside is unlimited.  You can make $10k in one day just
by being next to the phone.  But the risks are high as well.  It's not a
course of action I could recommend to anybody.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
http://www.e-z-mrp.com