[AccessD] changing to A2K: error in import

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue May 11 10:24:37 CDT 2004

In A2k and later, Access does not recognize files with odd extensions as
text files, so it regards them as read-only.  There are registry hacks
you can use but in our apps, which get distributed to clients all over
the world, we decided that it was not our place to meddle with the
clients settings that way, so we switched to txt extensions for all our
text files.

Charlotte Foust