[AccessD] File Slice/Splice

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 09:16:54 CDT 2004

I'm looking for some VBA to cut a file into chunks of a size that can be
emailed and then reassemble the full size at the destination.  I've been
playing with File I/O for a few hours, opening binary, reading into a string
or byte array and then Output to new files but it looks like I'm getting a
few additional bytes in the reconstituted file.  Presumably I'm adding some
delimiter to the file segments that mess up the file since it appears I'm
adding two bytes for each chunk plus another two overall.

Does anyone have a solution?  This is for sending large graphics files in
that security paranoid place I was formerly employed.  They have an
attachment size limit of 5 megs and a bunch of 18 - 24 megabyte tiff files
that need to be sent out and, as usual, the IT department will not budge.
Winzip and it's disk spanning would be ok but there's no getting it
installed.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta