[AccessD] FS object

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 19:08:02 CDT 2004

Have I said before I hate the FS object...

Public Function fnCreateBasePath(strCreatePath As String) As Boolean

    On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

Dim strPath As String
Dim lngPosition As Long

    strCreatePath = Trim(strCreatePath)
    If Right$(strCreatePath, 1) <> "\" Then strCreatePath = strCreatePath &
"\"
    lngPosition = 2
    Do Until lngPosition = 1
        lngPosition = InStr(lngPosition + 1, strCreatePath, "\")
        If lngPosition > 0 Then
            strPath = Left$(strCreatePath, lngPosition - 1)
            If Not Len(Dir(strPath, vbDirectory)) > 0 Then MkDir strPth
        End If
        lngPosition = lngPosition + 1
    Loop
    fnCreateBasePath = Len(Dir(strPath, vbDirectory))

ExitRoutine:
    On Error Resume Next
    Exit Function
ErrorHandler:
    With Err
        Select Case .Number
            Case Else
                MsgBox .Number & vbCrLf & .Description & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
                " Error in creating Folder:  '" & strCreatePath & "'", _
                vbInformation, "Error - fnCreateBasePath"
        End Select
    End With
    'Resume 0
    Resume ExitRoutine
End Function

Call it like so:

fncreatebasepath("C:\min\max\boo")

I culled this from some other work that I had done that had a guaranteed
fixed path so I was able to initialize lngposition at 22.  It formerly
worked with UNC and mappings but this is just a quick post without testing
because, as I said, I always had a fixed starting path.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta
jwelz at hotmail.com