[AccessD] Problem adding a param. to a function

Thu May 6 15:26:04 CDT 2004

Shame you did not quote the actual line of code that's giving the error, but
I think I've worked it out anyway.

You can "Call" a function in (at least) 3 ways

1/ 	x = FunctionName(parameters...)

2/ 	FunctionName parameters...

and

3/ 	Call FunctionName(parameters...)

Only the first one actually used the return value of the function, the other
two are examples of using a function as a Sub.

So if your code looks like this

x =  SeeDateInfo(True, 1)

then it will run just fine and you'll get a return value in x, but if the
code looks like this

SeeDateInfo(True, 1)

then you will get the compile error "Expected =" as you are not using the
return value yet you are using the function call syntax. If you don't want
the return value then call it like this

Call SeeDateInfo(True, 1)

or

SeeDateInfo True, 1

Oddly enough, you do not get this error when you call a function with only
one argument using the "wrong" syntax.

Lambert