[AccessD] Linked Tables - UNC Path

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Fri May 7 08:23:54 CDT 2004

Lol.  I apologize...I think you're making the assumption that I have
existing relinking code already in place...I don't:(  This my first time at
a TRULY multi-user app.  Maybe I need to be walked through this, but the
built-in linked table manager appears to use drive-letter mappings, not UNC.
If I deploy the front-end to a person who doesn't have the same drive-letter
mappings, I get an error.  What I was looking for was an approach that
(1)mimics published relinking code, such as
http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm,  (2)forces UNC naming, yet
(3)doesn't include possible user intervention.

Mark