[AccessD] .net assembler

bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au
Sun May 9 18:25:29 CDT 2004

Actually, if ytou look at the code a bit you'll find its not that
interesting - its just a glorified jump table for the il code.

                      "John W. Colby"
                      <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.        To:       "VBA" <dba-vb at databaseadvisors.com>, "AccessD" <AccessD at databaseadvisors.com>
                      com>                             cc:
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  [AccessD] .net assembler
                      accessd-bounces at databasea
                      dvisors.com

                      10/05/2004 08:46
                      Please respond to Access
                      Developers discussion and
                      problem solving

Just thought you folks might be interested.  I found a right click menu
item
in VB.Net as I was stepping through my program... "Go to disassembly" that
displays the machine code for the vb being processed.  Ain't that cool?
Not
that I've even looked at assembler in more years than I'd care to admit
(and
no comments, never mind labels for the jump addresses) but it is still
fascinating.

                Url = buf.Substring(4)
000000fe  mov         eax,dword ptr [ebp-4]
00000101  mov         dword ptr [ebp-34h],eax
00000104  mov         ecx,edi
00000106  mov         edx,4
                Url = buf.Substring(4)
0000010b  cmp         dword ptr [ecx],ecx
0000010d  call        FF482728
00000112  mov         ebx,eax
00000114  mov         eax,dword ptr [ebp-34h]
00000117  lea         edx,[eax+8]
0000011a  call        75ACCA48
                Exit Do
0000011f  nop
00000120  jmp         0000012B
            End If
00000122  nop
        Loop
00000123  nop
        Do While True
00000124  xor         eax,eax
00000126  cmp         eax,1
00000129  jne         000000D4
        Reader.Close()
0000012b  mov         ecx,dword ptr [ebp-0Ch]
0000012e  mov         eax,dword ptr [ecx]
00000130  call        dword ptr [eax+44h]
00000133  nop
        Stream.Close()
00000134  mov         ecx,dword ptr [ebp-10h]
00000137  mov         eax,dword ptr [ecx]
00000139  call        dword ptr [eax+5Ch]
0000013c  nop
    End Sub
0000013d  nop
0000013e  pop         ebx