[AccessD] Managing Lookup Tables

O'Connor, Patricia Patricia.O'Connor at dfa.state.ny.us
Tue May 11 10:24:13 CDT 2004

I have several that do this.  All the lookup tables are in dbReference.
The data tables are in their own databases. I link the reference table
and the data tables to the appropriate front ends.
Has been working quite well for about 4 years now. It allows me to
maintain the reference tables ONCE for all the systems, no need to hunt
through 4 systems and determine whether they use that particular lookup.

The only validation I do at the table level is default value and maybe
caption but for the most part that occurs in whatever routine is
receiving or sending the data.

Patti

*Patricia O'Connor
*Associate Computer Programmer Analyst