[AccessD] normalization question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Sun May 16 15:57:55 CDT 2004

You would think so Martin -- and you're most likely right. But, what if?????
Even with an AutoNumber value as the primary key, there's no way to
distinguish one from the other -- you have to depend on the relationships to
get it right. In fact, and this is what I'm really getting to -- isn't a
duplicate name really just a repeated value? I'm bordering on ridiculous
chaos here I know, but well... it's a Sunday and I'm working, so might as
well mess with everyone's heads, right? ;)

Susan H.

Why would you have a table with only names?

In my experience there is usually another qualifier? But I am sure someone
here will come up with an interesting approach to this one.