[AccessD] normalization question

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon May 17 03:05:53 CDT 2004

Hi Susan

Fractoid? Your mind is truly weird ...

Back to the topic:

Here we have had a personal id system since 1968 which main purpose
is to uniquely identify each citizen for the authorities and others
who need it like insurance companies and banks - they have access to a
central database for verification.
Actually it is quite clever; you get the number the day you are born
and it contains your birth date plus four digits (where odd/even
indicates your sex) so you can easily remember it. Further, it is
Modulus 11 verified, so typing errors are avoided. Reported errors
through the years have been extremely few and it has served its
purpose well.

/gustav