[AccessD] Electronic Invoice Tool according to EC directive 2001/115/EG

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu May 20 14:49:34 CDT 2004

 There are two ways toeasily do this, via EDI or signed certificate servers.
Some companies like xicrypt in Europe do this in a more generalized way
and sign all email via mime and certificates
Which way do you want to go? Can your customer afford his own
certificate server?
Just remember EC invoices must be saved for 7 years and certificates
like RSA or Verisign expire usually within 3 years.

The Directive also specifies information that must be included on each
paper and electronic invoice. This can be summarised as follows:
  - The date the invoice is issued
  - A unique sequential number to identify the invoice
  -  The VAT identification number of the supplier (and in case the
customer is liable to pay VAT, the VAT identification number of the
customer)
  - The full name and address of the taxable person and customer
  - The quantity and nature of goods supplied or the extent and nature
of the services rendered
  - The date the goods or services were supplied or a payment in advance
is made
  - The net amount subject to VAT
  - The VAT rate applied
  - The amount of VAT payable, if any
  - Identification of exempt supplies or supplies where the customer
pays the tax.
  - Identification of supplies of new means of transport and special
arrangements for travel agents and second hand goods under the margin
regime.
  - Identification of the use of tax representatives

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.