[AccessD] On DB Bloat, Bad DB Design, and various

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon May 24 21:50:33 CDT 2004

I have never yet seen a case where denormalization is correct, except in
OLAP apps, which are fundamentally different that OLTP apps. I have been
overruled by higher-ups on this point several times, and never once been
convinced of their correctness. Show me a case in an OLTP app where
denormalization is correct, and demonstrate why it is correct as opposed
to the "logically correct" model.

Arthur