[AccessD] On DB Bloat, Bad DB Design, and various

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Tue May 25 06:45:08 CDT 2004

< And I do use a lot of memo fields (with all the inherent problems) when I suspect that more than 255 will be needed.

Which is fine. How do you know when it will be greater than 255? Some limit must be determined, otherwise we should just set all the fields to memo, because in the future someone may want to make a change.

Someone else mentioned not limiting fields to 2 letters for state abbreviations. Why not? When the abbreviations jump to 3 letters, I'll make the field bigger. That's just part of my job.

Scott Marcus
TSS Technologies, Inc.
marcus at tsstech.com
(513) 772-7000