[AccessD] auto save in word

Pedro Janssen pedro at plex.nl
Tue May 25 15:20:10 CDT 2004

Hello Stuart and others,

i tried to put my code (docproperties) and your code (suffix) together
When BezoekrapportID value =1, and saving true code i get as filename Bezoekrapport1_.doc in the right directory.
Saving it again nothing happens.
Then adjusting the code after     Do, changing If Filename ....     to If strFilename  then saving by code, word crashes.

Could you take a look at it again.

Thanks

Pedro Janssen

Sub Bezoekrapport()

Dim flgSaved As Boolean
Dim strSuffix As String
flgSaved = False
strSuffix = ""

For Each prop In ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties
If prop.Name = "BezoekrapportID" Then
strFileNamePart = prop.Value
Exit For
End If
Next

strFileName = "C:\Werkbrieven Opslag\Bezoekrapport\Bezoekrapport" & strFileNamePart & "_" & strSuffix & ".doc"

Do

If FileName > " " Then
strSuffix = (Val(strSuffix) + 1)
Else
flgSaved = True
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=strFileName
flgSaved = True
End If
Loop Until flgSaved
End Sub