[AccessD] On DB Bloat, Bad DB Design, and various

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Thu May 27 17:02:51 CDT 2004

Good points, but in 99% of the stuff I deal with, they don't apply.  I build
mostly ASP interfaces.  In this particular case, the data was now in SQL
server, so db size is neglible.  That was the case even in Access.  They do
have a SLOW SQL server though.  Since the interface (for both data entry and
reporting) is in ASP, the HTML doesn't care how long the data is, it's in an
HTML table, and there is never an issue of getting stuff cut off.

Drew