[AccessD] Debits and Credits

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri May 28 11:54:10 CDT 2004

Pacioli's treatise (The monk that started the whole mess) on accounting
was written in Latin.
So the abbreviations.
cr
credo, credere, credidi, creditus  V
trust, entrust; commit/consign; believe, trust in, rely on, confide;
suppose;
lend (money) to, make loans/give credit; believe/think/accept as true/be
sure;
dr
debeo, debere, debui, debitus
owe; be indebted/responsible for/obliged/bound/destined; ought, must, should

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.