[AccessD] connecting to a network drive for the back end

Klos, Susan Susan.Klos at fldoe.org
Wed Nov 10 14:27:21 CST 2004

I have a database which has the FE on each machine and the BE on a network
drive that is different from most of the rest of the network.  My boss logs
into the network drive with a different password than she uses for her
regular network login.  In order for her to have access to this drive she
needs to open it and when she gets the new login window put in her password.
The problem is that when she opens the FE it cannot find the "T" drive
because she hasn't gotten access to it yet.  She only goes to the T drive
when necessary to retrieve data.  She does not want to have to take this
extra step.  Sometimes she may have opened the T drive, but most of the time
probably not.  My problem is: How do I call the T drive login window for her
so she can put in the password whenever she opens the FE on her computer?

The application is set up such that whenever a user opens the FE on their
machine, the application grabs the network login ID.  I think I could pull
that password but it is different that the T drive password.

Susan Klos

Senior Database Analyst

Evaluation and Reporting

Florida Department of Education