[AccessD] Change SubDatasheetName to [None] in code?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sat Nov 20 11:43:34 CST 2004

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I want to write a utility sub to change the SubDatasheetName property in
tables to [None].  I'm trying to use the code below, but get an error of
'The object is closed or does not exist' at the code line beginning Set
prp =.  The table is open and in Design view.

    Dim obj As AccessObject

    Dim prp As DAO.Property

    Dim stgName As String

    For Each obj In CurrentData.AllTables

        stgName = obj.Name

        DoCmd.OpenTable stgName, acViewDesign, acEdit

        Set prp = obj.CreateProperty("SubDatasheetName", dbText,
"[None]")

        DoCmd.Close acTable, stgName, acSaveYes

    Next

Can this be done?