[AccessD] Time Synchronization

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Nov 2 15:42:41 CST 2004

On 2 Nov 2004 at 15:20, mnptl at sonmedia.com wrote:

> I was hoping that there was something similar to:
>
> command.com /c net time \\<servername> /set /y
>
> that could use for synchronizing the local machine's time to a "standard"
> clock available on the Internet, such as NIST.  I tried the command above
> with:
>
> command.com /c net time \\129.6.15.28 /set /y
>
> ... (which is one of the NIST time server IP addresses) but with no
> success.  It CAN be used for synchronizing with the back-end server, but I
> was hoping for something more thorough!
>
> Let me know if you know of any other way.

Generally I just use something like AboutTime from
http://www.arachnoid.com/abouttime/index.html

I normally run it as  a single machine which has permanent internet access
such as a mail server and use net time on all the workstations to keep them
in synch.

But if you really need to embed it in Access, download the code at
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=1594  It is a simple one form VB
NTP client application.  You should just about be able to cut and paste the
whole thing into an Access from.

--
Stuart