[AccessD] Calling all Gurus - Hide Access Window

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 08:36:44 CST 2004

Thanks DD, Charlotte and Jim.

I may consider using the process of unhiding the Access MDI when viewing a report. The only thing I didn't like when I tested it is that they have the (X) to close the application.
The user may mistake this X as the one to close the report. In the form that they use they have to close the app with a button. Anyway, thanks again everyone. You've all earned the rank of Guru in my books.

Darren DICK <d.dick at uws.edu.au> wrote:
Hi Lonnie
I use this code all the time too.
When you want to "SEE" (i.e. Preview) a report you have to make the Access
window (MDI) visible again
I do this in the onclick of the 'launching' command button for the report or
in the load
Events of the report. Then when the report is closed I have code in the
Unload to make the MDI hidden again

I like the look of the hidden MDI and it really suits my purposes, you just
have to put up with
The hide, unhide aerobics if you want to keep hiding the MDI for forms.

If I am mistaken about the MDI and previewing reports I am sure someone from
the list will let me know

See ya

DD