[AccessD] Checking for "holes" in a sequence using SQL

Joe Rojas JRojas at tnco-inc.com
Thu Nov 4 13:27:03 CST 2004

Arthur,

I was not expecting the database to act intelligently. To be honest I was
not expecting there to even be a solution to this although Gustav figured it
out!

I have an Access database that I used to keep track of the computers at my
company. The computer naming convention that I use is TNCO###. One of the
fields in the table is used for storing the computer name. If I remove a
computer from our network and physical remove it from the company, I would
like to be able to reuse that computer name instead of just using the next
sequential number. To me I do not see it as concatenating two column values
into one but I could be wrong. What do you think Arthur?

JR