[AccessD] OT - Force apps to open in same place

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Sun Nov 14 19:35:56 CST 2004

Hi Reuben
I use an NVIDIA card also
What you are requesting is Driver dependant - though the NVIDIA Driver
manager does
Allow you to select what screen you want an app to open on.

Be wary though....
I had it happen once that I did some development work on a 'not centred'
form
Whilst I was in an NVIDIA 'wide screen' kinda setup.
When the form was opened at the customers place the form open up 'off the
screen'.
And of course it was set to modal so I had to CTRL ALT DEL

Did some very quick editing (Using the scroll bars to go 'off screen') drag
the form back,
edit something (I moved a label) and save the changes in the middle of the
customers only screen

So...bear this in mind when opening, designing and moving 'not centred'
popup type forms between screens.

What I do now is....all my form design work on the left screen (I have that
screen as monitor 1) and
all my code work (monitor 2) on the right. So it shouldn't matter when I am
at my customers with 1 screen

See ya -  hope this helps

DD