[AccessD] Re: A2003: Design Question

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Tue Nov 16 13:50:41 CST 2004

The "sleek" solution is to design the database correctly.  :-)

tblParty
PartyID  Autonumber (pk)
PartyFullName
PartyFirstName
PartyMiddleName
PartyLastName
etc.....

If a client can also be a franchise, then you would need a table to break
out the PartyType.

tblPartyType
PartyTypeID  Autonumber (PK)
PartyID  long integer  (fk)
PartyType   text(20)

Otherwise, add PartyType to tblParty.  By doing this, you can populate the
TimeBilling table with which ever and never worry about it.

Robert