Svar: [AccessD] A2003:Test Voracity of URLS

Mitsules, Mark Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Thu Nov 18 08:29:09 CST 2004

Darren,

When doing maintenance on my departmental website, I use Xenu's Link Sleuth.
I am fairly certain that it is still free to download.
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html  Not only can it verify links
within a website, but for you purposes I believe it will verify a simple
text listing of URLs.

It is extremely fast.

Mark

>>> d.dick at uws.edu.au 17-11-2004 05:03:08 >>>

I have an educational client who has a CD full of Education URL's
(Zillion's of 'em)
Occasionally someone has to test to see if the links are broken or not
(Manually <yuk>)

I thought this would be a perfect application for Access
Set up a table of URLs and loop through 'em and return TRUE or FALSE

So...Is there a way I can type in
say...http://somewebsite.someserver.com.au
and return "true" if the site exists or "false" if the site does not
exist.