[AccessD] Updatable UNION?

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Sun Nov 21 14:23:35 CST 2004

Well I'll give the Refresh a try, but Gustav is quite correct that I said at
the outset that requerying the data is out of the question. And the update
has to show on-screen immediately as it is the user's visual guide to what
he has and hasn't done. What I've almost got the screen converted to is
using a UNION query just to populate a temp table of pk's in the form's
OnOpen, then basing the form on a query which links the temp table to all of
the required data. This query, although quite complex, fits the bill of
being updatable and immediately updating the underlying tables. So thanks
everyone for the feedback but the job's pretty well done now.

-- Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk