[AccessD] A2003 Macro Security in Runtime "issue"...

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 22 15:39:48 CST 2004

Get their network guy to change the following registry settings of the
following key, should help you change the security level of the macro in
Access 2003. He should be able to change this globally across the
network for each client PC, there is even a way to do this from Access
VBA code using WMI with proper network permissions.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Access\Security\Level

If the value is 1, then the macro security of Access 2003 is set to low.
If the value is 2, then the macro security of Access 2003 is set to medium.
If the value is 3, then the macro security of Access 2003 is set to high.

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious
problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from
using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
--------------
or you could try this subroutine to execute on the runtime startup as
toolbar menus are disabled by runtime methods

maybe after checking this is set. I forget the order of execution.
 Access.Application.AutomationSecurity = 1 ' msoAutomationSecurityLow

  This sub activates the Macro -> Security submenu to open
' the Macro Security dialog window for the user who is using
' the runtime version of Access '03 instead of the retail version,
' which may need to have the default security level changed in
' order to run the code in the modules.
'This sub requires the Microsoft Office 11.0 Library reference

http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba.html#SetMacroSecLvl
or
Sagekey has an Access 2003 MSI install script that avoids this but is $425.
or build your own security certicate but then you still have to install
in users certificate pool

There are some easier ways but not if it is a runtime

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.