[AccessD] Remoting In (was: properties)

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:01:44 CST 2004

for customer support, I like using Ultr at Vnc

Cost: free

I have the end user install, and then send me their connection by
right clicking the icon and click on 'add new client' then they just
type my URL and BOOM! it's all done... no need for pwds or fidling w/
Company Networks.

it IS fast over DSL 128k up.  the only problem is that you must ask
them to install the software themselves.  but since you don't have to
ask for any changes to their firewall it works so easily :) sorta like
a gotomypc except they send you their screen.

plus w/ Ultr at VNC you can FTP files over when you need to and it sports
a chat client... also very nice. nothing like IM, but hey it works.

-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com | PC news with out the jargon!