[AccessD] Windows 2000 Professional, Access 2000 Runtime on Windows XP

Jim DeMarco Jdemarco at hudsonhealthplan.org
Tue Nov 30 07:55:12 CST 2004

Karen,

We have an app that we did not write (open source chronic disease registry) that uses A2K runtime as well.  We've experienced similar issues on Win XP machines but unfortunately we have not found a fix.  We too are thinking of upgrading to A2K3 runtime but our problem is the install app was not written here and I'm not sure how we'll deploy (the app uses MS Graph as well as Access).

Anyway, our issue with the app prompting users is the installer running when the user picks a client name from a list box.  I've seen this happen when opening Office apps but never from within a running application (and never on a list click!).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I figured I'd let you know about our issue.  We've since installed on numerous XP machines with only one other instance of the installer trying to run so we really haven't a clue as to what's triggering this.  The first case does not have an Office install at all (further adding to the mystery), the second did (Office 2003 we're told but it was never confirmed).

Jim DeMarco