[AccessD] Form flickers like hell in A2K3

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 30 12:26:05 CST 2004

You ain't gonna believe this but if running WinXP change your theme  by
right-clicking your Windows XP desktop, choosing Properties, and setting
the Theme to "Windows Classic".
If  you cannot solve it by deselecting Use Windows Themed Controls on
Forms under Tools | Options | Forms/Reports in Access 2003
The flickering or flutter goes away on my machine using Win XP Theme
Classic Access 2003 and  by deselecting above option
The flickering is triggered by unattached labels on the page of a tab
control. The workaround is to convert these labels to text boxes.
For non english speakers I found this by searching on Screen Flutter
rather than Flicker.

For full explanation. and code to correct all forms if above tools
option method doesn't work
http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/ser-46.html

--
Marty Connelly