[AccessD] Get user name

Klos, Susan Susan.Klos at fldoe.org
Fri Oct 15 08:14:53 CDT 2004

This thread went around awhile back and I looked it up in the archives.  I
want to use the code that was suggested, but I don't know 1) how to call the
function or 2) if it will work in our situation.  Most of our users are on
Windows2000 but a couple are still on NT.  Does that make a difference.  Do
I need a login screen or can I just have the username entered into the table
(backend on a network drive) when the user opens the form or enters a new
record on the form.  And finally how do I call the function in the form?

I guess I could ask if anyone has a simple project log database already
developed that they wouldn't mind sharing.  Ours is really quite simple in
that all we want to keep track of is what projects staff members are working
on, requester, due dates, and a few other things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Susan Klos

Senior Database Analyst

Evaluation and Reporting