[AccessD] From Main form to Subform (XP)

Nicholson, Karen cyx5 at cdc.gov
Thu Oct 21 13:20:48 CDT 2004

I have a main form (frmMSBByTaskNo) and a subform (frmSortTaskNo).  I
have placed a combo-box drop down on the main form intending to navigate
to the subform and to the selected record in my little drop-down box.  I
am not getting an error, but sure am not getting any action.  This is my
code:

Private Sub cboGoToTaskNo_AfterUpdate()
     Forms!frmMSBByTaskNo!frmSortTaskNo.Form!txtTaskNumber.SetFocus
     DoCmd.FindRecord Forms("frmMSBbyTaskNo")!cboGoToTaskNo.Column(0), ,
True, , True, , True
End Sub

I put the little brown mark on the code and watched it go through locals
and did a check to make sure that cboGoToTaskNo.Column(0) was returning
the correct value and it is.  The subform is a continuous form.

Is there a better way to do this, i.e., one that works?