[AccessD] Filemaker ODBC Driver for Access

Mcgillivray, Donald [ITS] donald.a.Mcgillivray at mail.sprint.com
Fri Oct 15 11:16:51 CDT 2004

Because it's Friday I'll second that!!!

Thankfully I've never had to do anything with Filemaker, but my poor
wife has to use it daily to run the box office at a small theatre.  I
don't know if the developer of the app was simply incompetent (as I
suspect) or if it's the best that can be done within the limits of the
program (gawd, I hope not!), but she (and she is NO kind of developer -
barely considers herself a user!) has to perform MODS ON THE INTERFACE
just to allow the thing to accommodate normal business realities
(increase ticket prices, extensions of performance runs, scheduling the
run of the next show, etc.)  It's either that or pay the "developer" by
the hour to do it.  I mean, literally, stuff that could easily be
handled by adding a few records to a table (in a well-designed db)
require a virtual re-design of the db and interface.  And this piece of
crap is being used to manage the lifeblood of the org.  I have looked
under the hood of it a bit, and even tried my hand at designing
something with Filemaker, to see if I might be of some help to her.
Made me run away screaming.

GAWD!!!  Don't get me started. I gotta go.

Don McGillivray