[AccessD] Access with a MySQL database

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 20 19:48:06 CDT 2004

If you are using essentially static data, MYSQL is fine, However if you
are using
a lot of transactions go with SQL Server. The reason MYSQL 5.0 version
has stored procedures and yet to be implemented triggers but this
version is still in Alpha.
Access goes fine to MySQL with ODBC and ADO or linked tables
The InnoDB storage engine has to be installed as well if you want to
maintain referential integrity.

For more info and Tools.

How to import Excel, Access or XML data into MySQL database by using a
MySQL Client Tool  Navicat?
http://www.stardeveloper.com/articles/display.html?article=2003101901&page=1

Toad® for MySQL  Preview Release
http://www.quest.com/ToadMySQL/index.asp

MySQL® Connector/ODBC
http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/odbc/

To be used with this
MySQL Manual | 22.1.11 MyODBC and Microsoft Access
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MSAccess.html
MySQL Manual | 22.1.11.1 How to Set Up Microsoft Access to Work with
MySQL using MyODBC?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MSAccess_Setup.html

--
Marty Connelly