[AccessD] A2K ideas on Order Entry

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 01:53:30 CDT 2004

Brainstorming here:

I have a parent form which houses important order entry information
such as Billto/Shipto, PO#, SO#, and Notes... along with that I have a
listbox (but have been working on a readonly subform datasheet view).

Users currently go into a popup window box to add new lineitems to
this order.  However... I'd like to control where the popup box hovers
over... meaning allowing for the subform to be viewable while the
popup form is on the screen.  This allows ME to refresh the subform to
display the newly entered items.

now currently while in the popup mode, I've made it so that as soon as
one line entry is complete, the form display clears out to allow
another entry, and thus all the data entry guy has to do is key in the
new qty etc. for his order.  but once he is done, I use a keypreview
to capture the ESC key to allow them to get out.  I thought about what
if they could just hit ENTER and when the QTY field is null it should
kick him out, but I get a bizzar error on the .OnExit event of the Qty
Field.  thus I can't exit the form while it's processing or something
like that....

any ideas?.. (yeah I realize that its' 12:00am PST but that's when the
mind is wandering :D)

thanks,

--
-Francisco