[AccessD] No Permission?

Gary J. Giever gjgiever at myway.com
Mon Sep 27 11:13:08 CDT 2004

I have an annoying problem with Access 97 that began when I switched from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Pro.  Now when I try to re-link tables, I get this message from the Linked Table Manager:  "You do not have access to the folder 'C:\My Documents\Access\In Progress\*.mdb'.  See your administrator for access to this folder."  Most of the time it lets me re-link the tables anyway, but sometimes it will not.

This is confusing since I am the administrator and only user of this computer.  I have checked the Security settings under properties for the files and I seem to have permission.  Any ideas?

Gary J. Giever, M.A.
Applications Developer
ACCMHS
3285 122nd Avenue