[AccessD] Time zones (was: internationalization)

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 11:32:23 CDT 2004

Here is an issue that I never quite took into consideration:  In a
(now in production) database all times are stored as UTC, however to
display I AM using an Offset of the local time, however if i were to
query an "OLDER" timeframe that was outside the scope of the daylights
savigns, then my math would be incorrect right?

How would you manage that?  would it be wise to wrap the date inside a
function that could distinguish the daylights savings w/ non for the
local area?  This way the dates not shift between daylights and
non-daylights savings schedules.

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:11:44 -0700, Charlotte Foust
<cfoust at infostatsystems.com> wrote:
> World wide corporations exist too.  We generally look at the clock to
> see whether we can reach one of our clients in the North Sea or Yemen or
> Canada or South America.  What are you envisioning?  In our business,
> the relative times aren't relevant, only the local time is important, so
> we don't have to worry about it.
>
> Charlotte Foust

-Francisco