[AccessD] Prompt after Form loads

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 14:03:52 CDT 2004

I know but if I use the OnCurrent Event, it fires before the form is
even drawn up on the screen, I have code in the Form_Load event, and
added a simple "TEST" messagebox to the OnCurrent Event, and found
that it does not FIRE after the form is visible, instead the user will
be prompted IF they want to OverRide data w/ Defaults before they can
read the data, the Timmer control helps to avoid this.... :(

The code in the Form_Load Event opens recordsets to load into the
primary form, calls a subform and listbox to load.  When it ends, I'd
figure that the form would display but it does not. OnCurrent and
OnActivate also fire before the form is visible... so it appears that
the only solution is to leave this on the OnTimer event.

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:59:41 +0200, Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:
> Hi Francisco
>
> It's not quite the same.
> The counter counts to one, then runs your code.
> No Timer fiddling.
>
> /gustav
>

> > just the same I did it as a boolean static
>
> > so
> > Static blnINIT As Boolean
> > IF blnINIT = FALSE then
> >    <code>