[AccessD] FW: Preparing Access Applications for Office 2003 Conversion

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 1 15:09:25 CDT 2004

I have handled it by turning security off in registry keys. Your net
admin could handle this system wide.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Access\Security\Level

If the value is 1, then the macro security of Access 2003 is set to low.
If the value is 2, then the macro security of Access 2003 is set to medium.
If the value is 3, then the macro security of Access 2003 is set to high.

Not sure if certmgr.exe to create certificate from Win2003 has to be
created for each new version of the ADP
which could be a pain if doing a lot of mods.
See my post Re: [AccessD] Access 2003, Runtime, and Built-in Security
Aug 2 2004

You can check this registry key in code below
Not sure about Access 2002 version=10

If Application.Version >= 11 Then
'set it
   Application.AutomationSecurity = 1 ' msoAutomationSecurityLow
'or read it
   debug.print "Security level=" &   Application.AutomationSecurity
End If

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.