[AccessD] Prompt after Form loads

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Sep 2 03:35:14 CDT 2004

Hi Francisco

> I tried the counter solution, and it fires before the form is "visible"

You are right, missed that, but here is how to do this without the
Timer:

First, create this function in the subform:

Private Function ShowAtOpen()

  Static booOpened  As Boolean

  If booOpened = False Then
    ' Replace with your code.
    MsgBox "Load?", vbQuestion, "Francisco"
    ' Run only once.
    booOpened = True
  End If

End Function

Now, create a textbox in the subform, make it not Visible, and bind it
like this:

=ShowAtOpen()

This will pop the code when the form and the sub have been rendered
including controls bound to the recordsource of the form. The only
limitation I can see is, that other controls bound to an expression
(=something()) may have their values retrieved after the firing of
ShowAtOpen.

/gustav