[AccessD] Required Field in Function

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Thu Sep 2 10:49:48 CDT 2004

This is what I added:

   If DCount("*", "qryBPSNull") > 0 Then
    MsgBox "Asset ID must be entered"
Else
	Append code.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Hollis,Virginia
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 10:48 AM
To: 'nlytle at swales.com'; 'accessd at databaseadvisors.com'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Required Field in Function

The strangest thing is happening.

I created a query with the linked Excel table xlsBPS and set the criteria to
show AssetID = IsNull. I added the DCount to the function and ran it.

What is strange, when I first created the query and ran the query, it showed
which record contained the Null AssetID. After running the append code, it
does not show this record - the query is blank. I don't understand why it
isn't picking up the Null AssetID record anymore. If I look on the
spreadsheet or open the linked table, that field is Null.

Since the query does not show any records containing Null AssetIDs anymore
(even though there is a null record) it runs the append code.

I also tried having the query open so the user can enter the missing data. I
found out if you enter data into the linked Excel table, it corrupts the
spreadsheet file and gives an error message about not being in a correct
file format.