[AccessD] (no subject)

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Mon Sep 6 01:59:40 CDT 2004

Hi Vlad
Many thanks this is cool

Have a great day

Darren

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of ACTEBS
Sent: Monday, 6 September 2004 2:31 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] (no subject)

Darren,

I wouldn't set it up like this. Try something like this:

    Dim dbs As dao.Database
    Dim rstDataToAppend As dao.Recordset
    Dim rstTableToAppendTo As dao.Recordset
    Dim strSQLDataForAppend As String

    strSQLDataForAppend = "SELECT .....Whatever...."

    Set dbs = CurrentDB()
    Set rstDataToAppend = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSQLDataForAppend,
dbOpenDynaset)
    Set rstTableToAppendTo = dbs.OpenRecordset("tblYourTableToAppendTo",
dbOpenDynaset)

    Do Until rstDataToAppend.EOF
            With rstTableToAppendTo
                .AddNew

                	!Feild1FromTable =
rstDataToAppend!Feild1FromRecordset
                	!Feild2FromTable =
rstDataToAppend!Feild2FromRecordset
			etc etc etc....

                .Update
            End With
        rstDataToAppend.MoveNext
    Loop

    rstDataToAppend.Close
    rstTableToAppendTo.Close
    Set rstDataToAppend = Nothing
    Set rstTableToAppendTo = Nothing
    dbs.close
    Set dbs = Nothing

A good idea is to also check whether the recordset has any data before hand,
otheriwse this will throw up an error. Something like:

If rstDataToAppend.Recordcount > 0 then
	Do Until rstDataToAppend.....etc etc etc

HTH
Regards
Vlad

Web: www.actebs.com.au