[AccessD] A2K: Same Name Validation

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 21:42:26 CDT 2004

As with many things, It depends on the structure of your db

my db houses this:

Company
Address
ContactAddress
Contact

A company can have many addresses.  A user may be an employee or
associated to many Companies, I associated the contact to the company
via the address so I would know what location he is associated
through.

:D

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:25:43 +1000, Darren DICK <d.dick at uws.edu.au> wrote:
> Hello all
> How do you guys handle data entry users entering someone into a dB
> with the same first and last name - quite legitimately E.G. John SMITH
>
> How do you test for other existences of John SMITH in the db and what
> 'alerting' do you
> guys use?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Have a great day