[AccessD] AHOO!!! Got my action pack

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Sep 9 14:19:47 CDT 2004

John,

I'd considered buying the Action Pack, but Hindman turned me on to this:

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/competency/isvcomp/empower/default.aspx

It's a full Universal subscription for $375 a year for a maximum of two years. The biggest gotcha is that you must promise to develop a product for commercial distribution within 18 - 24 months. There's no renewal at the discounted price after the two years.

I went with it because the Universal subscription, of course, includes all the .NET stuff. There's also a goodly amount of beta stuff (VS 2005 Beta, .NET 2.0 Beta, FP 9.0 Beta) for what it's worth. The Enterprise editions are the norm in the Universal subscription. 5 licenses, though, not 10.

But 14 DVDs crammed with stuff! Holy smokes!

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504

"If you can't say anything nice, run for President." - Argus Hamilton