[AccessD] Broadcast A Message

Foote, Chris Chris.Foote at uk.thalesgroup.com
Wed Sep 8 05:24:18 CDT 2004

Hi Andy!

Below is a code snippet that I use to use the NT4 NetSend function to send a
variable message (strNSMess) to a specific user (crfoote).

I'm sure you can tweak it to suit!

Oh. atCNames(1) & atCNames(0) are other functions that I use to retrieve the
User Name and Machine Name that the app is running on.

Best regards!
Chris Foote

---------(Code start)-----------
'------------------------------------------------------------
' Function NetSend
' Uses NT4 NetSend to send a message to
' crfoote showning current user name and machine
' Created by Chris Foote from scratch (with
' just a little help from "Help"!)
'------------------------------------------------------------
Public Sub fncNetSend()
On Error GoTo fncNetSend_Err

    Dim strNSMess As String
    Dim strNSCommand As String

    strNSMess = "Message sent from "

    strNSCommand = "net send crfoote " & "" & strNSMess & " " & atCNames(1)
& " at " & atCNames(0)

    Call Shell(strNSCommand, 0)

fncNetSend_Exit:
    Exit Sub